onsdag 16. november 2011

Primed & ready



Non-treated MDF drinks alot of paint, so it is extremely important to use two layers of primer before painting the cabinet. First you sand down the cabinet with some fine grained sand paper and wipe off the dust with a microfiber cloth. I also angle the sharp edges of the cabinet so that it is easier to paint.
After the first primer layer I let it dry. Then I sand it carefully, wipe off the dust and carry on with layer number two. When this has finally dried I have the optimal surface for painting. I was using the "Heftegrunn"-primer from the Norwegian supplier "Jotun". It does smell less then its competitors, but it is still important to do this close to fresh air or by using a mask to protect your lungs.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar