søndag 12. februar 2012

The Belly of The Beast


My apologies people. I´ve been so busy with work and family. I do believe we´ve had the flu like ten times this season :c/ Right now the cab is at my fathers workshop, and I am seriously considering setting up my own garage here at home. This hobby is without doubt turning into a lifestyle ;)

I´ve been fearing this part of the process a lot. One of my shortcomings in life, is that I do stupid mistakes. What looks good now, might be totally messed up ten minutes later as something else should be in its place. The installment of the 90mm Noctua fan (centered) messed up many of my layout options. The psu was especially hard to fit as I need alot of room around it for cables and so on.


You´ll probably notice that the motherboard-power cable is a bit short. I´m currently looking for an extension for this so that I can reach the motherboard and keep it all as clean as possible. The motherboard needs to be elevated a wee bit so that I can utilize as much of the space as possible. I also need to install a 2.5" HD, CD-Drive (Might skip and go for USB install), USB-WiFi and powercables.

The motherboard is Atom based and has passive cooling. I´m trying to push a lot of fresh air through the cab to keep it happy. The Noctua fan is running at 1000RPM with a resistor connected. I have the option to run it at 1300RPM if needed.

My weeks to come look a bit more low key so that I might focus on attaching the parts and moving on the the most dreaded part: The damn control panel ;)

Cheers!
Bjorn

1 kommentar: