tirsdag 15. november 2011

Flippin´out!


More or less at the same time that the home consoles killed the arcades, many pinball manufacturers like Bally Midway, Williams and Gotlieb had to end production. Today I only know of Stern Pinball who is still making games. The problem is that a pinball machine from Stern costs about 51600€, and that is BEFORE you get the Norwegian VAT, which is currently on 25%... In other words, not possible on my paycheck.

Still there are ways to almost relive the good ol´days by using pinball emulators. I have fond memories playing "Pinball Fantasies" on Amiga 500, but it just didn´t come close to a perfect game on a real pinball machine. Still I have put two buttons on my cabinet so that I am ready for some Pinball action either way.

My fondest pinball memory has to be Williams "Addams Family" at my local video rental. This machine is the no.1 sold pinball machine ever, sporting a whopping 20.270 units sold. Just last summer I saw a worn down "Addams" at the "Bakken" funpark in Denmark. To this day I regret not asking someone if it was for sale, and try get it shipped back to Norway for refurbishment (putting it all on my Master Card of course ;) Here you have a little something from the "Addams"-pinball machine :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmnPmXlo9uY&feature=related

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar