onsdag 29. februar 2012

Buttons and feedthroughs


I guess I should be offering something more than just a button/feedthrough update, but this was not an easy task. To get all the holes aligned and the perfect size was quite a task. Still I am very happy with the result. Tomorrow I´m going to install the thermometer and power socket. I´m also tinkering with a volume button solution. Could be fun! Things are speeding up! This project is now closing in on one year from I first started. Serving a family, refurbishing a house, working 100% as a teacher AND taking a uni course doesn´t leave much idle time ;)

About the picture: It shows the back panel of the Weecade. On top you see the air vents that are going to be covered with perforated steel from the inside. Below them you see the large "logo window" that will be sporting a acrylic window with the "Project Peach" logo in grey "ice" foil.
The connectors at the lower part is from the left: Marquee light, "Logo window"-light, black ON/OFF-button. USB 1/2 and 3. They´re for keyboard, mouse and external drive/CD-Drive. The weecade has a wireless card so it´ll be online from birth. The small little pin at the bottom is the volume button. I am going to sink the button about 4mm into the MDF....hopefully....

Tomorrow I say!!!

Regards
Bjorn

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar