søndag 13. november 2011

Not exactly spacious...


The cab is now more or less complete. The monitor bracket has been attached and the LCD monitor has been tested. One issue though, it builds too much so I had to remove the plastic casing so the LCD- panel is now completely naked. That saved me about 6mm. I am not 100% happy with the angle of the monitor, but this project is "learning by doing (and reflecting)" so next time I´ll make a version that has a rotatable bracket.
I also drilled holes in the sides of the cabinet for my pinball emulators. The cab has also been equipped with 50mm rubber feet from the Norwegian supplier Clas Ohlsson. These are meant for washing machines but also work great for my project! They make the cab stabile, and also lift it about 30mm from the surface. This is perfect for the Noctua 90mm fan I plan to install later on. I´ll need all the room I can get!
It is pretty tight inside the cab. I´m a bit worried cause I´m going to run a 170mm x 170mm mini-ITX motherboard. The PSU is an older version (ATX) from Clas Ohlsson. This one serves both the motherboard and the monitor. This solves the "two power cables" issue as I wish to only have one power cable running into the cab. I´m a bit worried when it comes to heat disposal, but the motherboard runs an Atom processor and passive cooling, so I guess I´ll be fine.


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar