søndag 13. mai 2012

Aluminium Control Panel


I am so sorry for my absence lately. Work has got the best of me! I just finished the control panel for Project Peach. It has taken me soo long because I did not have a lazer cutter near by. That would have solved it as it would just follow the CAD-file and fix it with pin-point accuracy. I bent it using a large bending machine, and then made the holes with a 29mm hole saw that I kept cool with some cutting fluid. 

I attached the buttons and found out that there is a small challenge with the Player1-button to the far left on the vertical part of the panel. The button goes so far in that it collides with the lower action-button on the player1-set above it. This is not good. If all else fails, I have to buy new and shorter buttons. That´s fine by me, but it is money I don´t have right now...



The foil I´m using for the CP (Control Panel) is printed at Allkopi. I´ve used the Orajet foil that can be printed on, but I´ve also ordered Allkopi to laminate it with Oraguard Laminating film 250AS. This is a non stick foil used for floors and table surfaces. It is non-stick and withstands "sweatty hands-syndrome".
The main reason for using this foil is that I´m dropping the use of clear acrylic on top of the CP. From what I remember, this foil was used on most of the arcades I used to play when I was a boy. 
I pray to the elder gods that the holes on the CP fits the holes on foil. If not....It all ends here.... ;)

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar