søndag 11. mars 2012

Back panel more or less done :)


I´ve used a foam roller to apply paint to the whole Weecade. The idea was to get the surface as smooth as possible. Still I must admit that it is not smooth enough. I end up with a glossy surface but with small even bumps. So I expect that my next project will be painted with a Bosch PFS 65 Electric Paint Sprayer. I know it takes a bit of practice, but to get the surface even this is my last resort :) So much easier to get to all the hard places.

The feedthrougs have been attached and working perfectly as with the power socket. It really made the difference! The volume button is still in the makings, but as soon as I get hold of a 28mm hole drill, I will get to it.

I must say that that this project is not a 100% accurate measure wise. It has been really hard as I started out without being thorough enough. Quality rulers and lazer measuring should be first priority. The opening for the back panel is about 2mm tighter at the top then at the bottom. This is of course not a good thing for the back panel ;)

Still, we´re on course and hoping to finish up the build soon. The control panel is at hand and will be quite a challenge. There is no room for measure errors between the decor foil and the metal itself... Not looking forward to that one ;)

Regards
Bjorn

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar