tirsdag 28. februar 2012

IT´S ALIVE!!! Great success I say!!

Good news everyone! Science has been done, and it is a success. It runs silent and...deep? I feared the worst when it came to tapping power from the PSU to the amplifier-card as I´ve heard rumors about massive noise issues. Luckily there was no problems at all :) When I first tried to start it up I had some issues due to the fact that I had put the "Reset" cable on "Reset". I was supposed to be on the "Power" pins on the mother board. When it finally fired it was like I just had inventet penicillin or something. This was a massive science-leap for such a scatter brain as my self. Epic times! PS: It´s supposed to be alot more tidy in there...


But it wasn´t easy. Because I installed the Noctua 90mm fan, it just made everything so much harder. I don´t think the fan was even needed... Positioning the motherboard was also a real hassle as there just weren´t enough room. It worked, but it was pure Hell to get to all the screws.

Tomorrow I will drill holes in the backplate to include the following: ON/OFF-button, marquee lights and back logo light, three USB feed throughs, thermometer and power socket with ON/OFF-button. All the Weecades I´ve seen has used a mounted MDF-plate connected to the cab and not to the back panel. I know this is not the best solution, but there is no room for mounting such a plate. I´m going to make a template for the drilling as I will surely drill myself in the head if I mess up the back plate. It has taken me forever to saw, rout and drill. Fingers crossed!


I´m also getting my hands on a second hand (FREE!!!) 120gb 2.5" harddrive from my friend Stig. Then it´s all about the control panel... which I dread... WHY oh WHY did I make it out of sheet steel. Why not MDF? I have developed such an intimate relationship to this material. It is almost a part of me now. At least my nose agrees! Dusty stuff...


It was so hard to leave the workshop today. I had to pick up my daughter from kindergarden, but I wanted so bad to stay for more science (Christ, I´m 14 again...). Tomorrow I´m back on the horse and hoping for more win! It´s just standing there waiting for me ;)


Stuff is really speeding up! Stay tuned for updates tomorrow! This stuff is crazy fun!

"Oh, in the name of God! Now I know what it feels like to be God!"
Frankenstein (1931).

Regards
Bjorn

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar